Monday, May 12, 2008

Planting tomoto's and Chickens

We finally got some tomoto plants planted! WHEW! Because we do not have a tiller yet we could not plant a garden. So I am going to plant what I cannot this year. I am also going to do some onions and potato's. We eat so much of these kind of things that it will be great to not have to buy them. Specially with the cost of groceries rising.

We also purchased some chickens (Austrolorps) not to long ago. We are raising them right in our frontroom. LOLOL Not to stay forever, but to stay until they have wings enough to live outside. Brian is building a small chicken pen for our 24 babies. We will never go with out meat or eggs again!!! Taking care of these sweet chicks has been a blast. They think I am mom and fly onto me when I get near their little temp. pen in the house. So sweet! Anyway I will be painting the pen to look like our house. Well at least the colors! I will post pics on a later date!