Monday, July 13, 2009

Prayers for Children...


Not to long ago our church had vacation bible school. It was really fun. As posted before I got the opportunity to take the pictures for the upcoming slide show for the last day of the event. There are so many blessings that are rearing itself since then. During the event one little girl looked at me and said "okay enough pictures now" I went to explain that I was taking pictures because she was going to be seen on a big TV screen (you know the ones in churches). She was like na ha. I said yes you will. She put out her hand so CUTE and said I bet I won't, and I put out my hand to shake it and when she had her picture on that screen she was so exited! (she was maybe Kindergarten age)
Last night in church was a special prayer service. The pastor tearfully talk about the children who attended and how around 17 of them do not have a place to go to, to learn about God and a few of the children are in homes that are not right (neglect/abuse) and how right after the event 3 (I believe) brothers/sisters were taken out of their home. The mother is a drug addict. He asked us to pray for not only those particular children but all the children who attended. He showed the slide show of pictures and asked each of us to let their eyes and faces burn in our souls and remember to pray for them. The little girl he(pastor) pointed out on the slide show was that of the little girl who was taken from her home, and the Lord gave me a heart for that hand shake in the event. Her beautiful image speared through me like a sword to my soul.

So as the slide show played each face came up my lip started to tremble, thinking about their souls. And after the slide show was over we were asked to get on our knee's for a special prayer for these children. I did and my body started to tremble..memories of childhood of watching my mom get almost beat to death came to me. God was allowing me to remember the this time in my life where I was so scared. Then He brought back that special moment when it was time to leave Oregon to get away from my step dad who beat my mom. My teacher Mrs. Wallas sat me in front of her and handed me a bag to carry my things and told me that I was special and she would miss me. She had so much concern on her face but kept her smile for me not to worry. We moved 2000 miles away with nothing but clothes on our backs. My mom with a beaten face and 4 kids who were scared to death.
When I moved back the 2nd time to Oregon after this I was already married and with kids of my own. I made sure to find Mrs. Wallas to thank her. She looked at me and started to cry . I hugged her, I let her know everything was alright and how the abuse stopped with me. She said Mary my husband is a preacher and all of those years our church prayed for your family. All this memory flooded back to me while on my knee's. I couldn't speak while leaving because when the Lord speaks to us, sometimes we are just silent. I am praying for God to show me how He wants HAIN to be apart of helping these children and praying for them as prayers once were prayed for me...Just had to get this off my chest.