Monday, August 30, 2010

Family

Family is so important. With out family there is nothing. Family is a word that doesn't seem to have the glue that kept you together. Seems the family unit is falling apart piece by piece. When I think of my own family, my close family I think of the laughter, the fun times, the risky times and the all out love we have for one another. I hate seeing my family struggle, I hate seeing struggles I can't fix. Honestly it breaks my heart when there is strife. It makes me sad when there is any kind of fight or disagreement. I never want to take sides. Always want to love and get along. Families sometimes do fight however and many times the bond grows even stronger in the end.
My mom always said to us growing up "treat one another as if it was your last day on earth because you never know your time and how short it is" and boy that was hard to grasp onto when you couldn't stand the other ones face (laugh out loud). But its so true what mom said so many times, so many years ago. What if something terrible were to happen and we were to never see that person again? Would the little things we fight about matter while seeing them in their casket? Would those hurtful words, or evil stares, or delete option buttons be what you would want to be between you if that was the last thing you had between you and that loved one lay in his/her casket? Think about your answer for just a minute with your heart.
I have personally had some heartbreaking things happen in my life with my own family. But I walked away with one thing and that is give it to God, pray for them and look at them how God sees them (as His child) because that is how God see's us.
Each of us are guilty, each one at fault. I am at fault and guilty. The Lord is working on my every day that I breath. I never want anyone to look at me lay in my casket and would rather never see me alive. I want to leave a legacy, a blessing behind. I want to know when its my time that I left a legacy of love, compassion and laughter. A legacy of love for family and God (not in that order).
Family is most important!!